Guests reporting posts?

Post anything that doesn't fit into the forums below in to here.
Zallist
Spammin' Mofo

Guests reporting posts?

Post by Zallist » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:07 pm

So, I just looked at the Who Is Online section, and saw a guest reporting a post.
I, for the life of me, can't find anything that would require Reporting. o-o
So, I wonder, is this a spambot hoping to cause damage?

Attached: Screenshot
[attachment]Reporting.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Reporting.png
Reporting.png (12.74 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
◕ ◡ ◕

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Guests reporting posts?

Post by BootBlock » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 pm

I've been getting reports (they appear in the admin area) about posts, and the posts they are reporting appear as genuine spam within the reports area, but there is no sign of the spam within the thread that it's reported in. I have NO idea WTF it's about, so I've been ignoring 'em. :?

Zallist
Spammin' Mofo

Post by Zallist » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 pm

BootBlock wrote:I've been getting reports (they appear in the admin area) about posts, and the posts they are reporting appear as genuine spam within the reports area, but there is no sign of the spam within the thread that it's reported in. I have NO idea WTF it's about, so I've been ignoring 'em. :?
Maybe the spambots get upset because they can't break your new captcha method, and so try and annoy you with reportspam?
I've seen numerous Guests "Registering Accounts", but hardly any ever get past that stage.
◕ ◡ ◕

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 pm

The whole PHPBB reports thing seems to be low key and in not a very obvious place, as I only stumbled across the whole thing by accident. So chances are if a real report comes through, I'm much more likely to actually see the post myself before I spot the report itself.

Actually thinking about it, I've just realised I don't get emailed when a post is reported. I thought it would've been a high priority thing, by default. Either way, not complainin'!

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Realised something.

When reporting a post, you need to specify a description/reason for why you're reporting it. Spam bots seem to be putting links to sites/whatever within that description. All that effort to spam a single admin/mod of a forum. Who says spammers aren't stupid bastards, eh? (no-one, that's who)