Tag method should assume destination folder as starting point

Even more advanced file and folder sorting. [FileSieve 4]
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
odwofford
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tag method should assume destination folder as starting point

Post by odwofford » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:27 pm

I am using the tag method to reorganize media files into a series of subdirectories. In step 2 of the definition, a root destination directory is defined is defined (for instance, F:\Music\Reorg). In step 3, the method is defined. I am using the tag method and defined the name mask as: \%GENRES%\%ALBUM_ARTIST%\%ALBUM_TITLE. My expectation was that the method name mask would be appended to the root destination, resulting in F:\Music\Reorg\%GENRES%\%ALBUM_ARTIST%\%ALBUM_TITLE as the folder creation. It took me a bit to realize that the files were being placed in F:\%GENRES%\%ALBUM_ARTIST%\%ALBUM_TITLE instead. It's not until I repeat the destination directory in the method name mask that I get the files placed in the correct location.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Tag method should assume destination folder as starting point

Post by BootBlock » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Ah, that's most definitely a bug - well, more of an oversight really as I was working on both the Tag and EXIF plugins at the same time.

I've added this as a bug on Tracker.BootBlock.co.uk and will update it when resolved.

Thanks for reporting!

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Tag method should assume destination folder as starting point

Post by BootBlock » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Fixed - see comments here.

The above link contains some comments on what was happening; if the Name Mask starts with any kind of slash, then the root destination is ignored. This seems to be a thing to do with either .NET or Windows; not sure which, but FileSieve 4.09 will automatically strip any leading slashes which'll prevent this from happening again.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable