Folder Method not working in ver 3.0?

Advanced file and folder sorting. [FileSieve 3]
brianl

Folder Method not working in ver 3.0?

Post by brianl » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm

The ability to process folders is "greyed out" in ver 3.0. Just wondering if this is a known issue, or if there is a fix.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

suloku

Re: Folder Method not working in ver 3.0?

Post by suloku » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 pm

I've just found this app and I think it is really useful, but as stated above you can't check the folder's box, which is the way I'd like to process my files.

Could that be fixed please?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi there,
sorry about the large delay there in replying. I took a somewhat unexpected break from coding.

The Folder option is disabled as it wasn't implemented at the time. It's been around four years since the original release so I'm somewhat sketchy on what the reasoning was for it not being added. I'm revisiting the project so I'll take a look to see how far along the code is.

mkrejci

Post by mkrejci » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm

yep, this is a great little app but i dont know how to move my photos, as they are (in their perspective folders) from one HD to the next. I get a a seperate folder for every photo which makes the whole thing useless for what i need it for.., and i desperately need it.

cheers

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi mkrejci,

what Method are you using for FileSieve to create a new folder for each individual photo? Have you got an example of some of the file names for the photos?

Lastly, how do you want FileSieve to sort the files?

FileSieve creating a large amount of folders and placing one file in each doesn't sound right. (Maybe a bug or something)

mkrejci

Post by mkrejci » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:42 am

cheers.., im using RAW and jpeg and im sure there are some TIFF and psd there too.., the usually extensions one plays around with in PS and general photography. between .2-500meg but eceraging.., well for the most part.., around 3-8 meg each.

if theres a bug is probably me.., ive looked and read and tried and finally ended here.., yep.., i cant find anyway to get them all in the same file.., i actually have no idea how to use it, more than likely.., and im no better off reading the instructions??

i just wanted to know, for a start.., if the app could put the files into the correct 'folder' but is that asking too much if im using muliple sources..?? its putting all files into seperate folders no matter a single source or muliple. I mean, if the same file exisits in seperate folders.., and gets filtered tgough this app.., what happens??

mkrejci

Post by mkrejci » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 pm

just wondering if there's any news on this because as a photographer.., this is a handy app.

the folder box is greyed out and the default action.., which seems to be keeping the directory in tact.., is not working.