Brazilian Portuguese official language translation

Any other software that is not listed above.
felipelima

Brazilian Portuguese official language translation

Post by felipelima » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 am

How can we have support for Brazilian Portuguese official language by default on Profile Relocator project? :P

This kind of software is very desire over hear and could have a good use demand, I have found it in one of most accessed Brazil's download site, but seem users are reluctant to download it cause it isn't on native language, and a bunch of users haven't a reasonable english knowlegment, it can be a great sucess if translated.

The following link points to a page in that site in portuguese with detailed info about its usage.

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/prof ... ocator.htm

right now 09/08/2010 time: 22:20 (night of course) there aren't anyone comments, very anormal for any software there cause brazilians are very participative.

It's a old version screenshot. by god' sake. But points to newest version. Give appointments and directions how to perform an official translation if it is possible.

It's a good software. Bravo.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Brazilian Portuguese official language translation

Post by BootBlock » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi Felipelima,
I release Profile Relocator with any translations that are done by users that are a native speaker of the translated language. Unfortunately, I can only speak English, so that is the only language that it comes with as I've not received any translations for the application.

The included Profile Relocator.txt file has a section on how to write a translation. It goes in-depth into what is needed to be done to get a translation written. It basically involves making a copy of the Languages\!Template.xml and naming it to:
  • Languages\Portuguese (Brazilian); pt-br.xml
Load that file into a plain text editor of your choice and edit the contents.

Any translations sent to me will be verified and then distributed with Profile Relocator in the next version.
It's a good software. Bravo.
Thanks, glad you like it!

felipelima

Re: Brazilian Portuguese official language translation

Post by felipelima » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Cox, translation will take more time, some expressions don't have a appropriated equivalent in portuguese, some don't have even a transliteration eg. download, etc. Other neither a equivalent, nor institute into portuguese language, like disclaimer, or exemplary damage, simply is something inexistent.

I don't want to make a superficial translation, so research will demand time. Looking for that right now.