where are the data saved ??

Control the state of remote PCs. [link]
kalu

where are the data saved ??

Post by kalu » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:48 am

Hi everybody
early version of wake on lan used to save the entered data of remote pc's on a .inf or .ini file.
could any one please make me clear how do i migrate the data of wake on lan ex2 from one pc to another as entering all the MAC IPS and other details of all 100 + pc is cumbersome and timeconsuming.
all i can see inside the WakeOnLanEx2 folder is 4 dll file 1 .exe file 1 .xml file and 1.txt file
i hope somebody would guide me to transfer the data details from 1pc to another.
Thanks
kalu

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: where are the data saved ??

Post by BootBlock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:49 pm

early version of wake on lan used to save the entered data of remote pc's on a .inf or .ini file.
Yeah, Windows Vista "virtually" changed the location applications saved their data if they were in a protected area such as Program Files. Because of this, I made all of my apps compliant with the new system.
could any one please make me clear how do i migrate the data of wake on lan ex2 from one pc to another as entering all the MAC IPS and other details of all 100 + pc is cumbersome and timeconsuming.
Wow, that's a lot of entries.

WoLEX2 keeps its data in the Windows application data directory.

On Windows Vista/7, this is:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\[yourprofile]\AppData\Roaming
I can't quite remember where it is on WinXP; I think it might be something like:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\...
Inside of there, you should be able to find a directory called WoLEX. Copy this directory to the same location on the new PC and start WoLEX - all of your entries and settings will be intact.

I'll add a link to the About window in the next version to automatically open the data location for you.

kalu

Thanks BootBlock

Post by kalu » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 am

Thanks BootBlock i got the location in windows XP as mentioned by you c:\documents and settings\....
yeh it is
C:\Documents and Settings\"My Username/Profile"\Application Data\WoLEX
Thanks Once again
kalu