Auto startup

Control the state of remote PCs. [link]
Skripter

Auto startup

Post by Skripter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 am

Can I automatically start a remote machine (that I am monitoring) if it shuts down?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Auto startup

Post by BootBlock » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:07 am

Unfortunately not. But I like the sound of that, so I'll add it once I think of a flexible way of doing it. Thanks!

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:48 pm

It's in!

Although I've had to restrict it to perform the standard built-in commands (wake-up, shutdown, restart, and log-off) as it got a bit spaghetti-like when I tried to incorporate custom actions. Plus, there's less room for user-error as now the options are listed in a drop-down menu as opposed to requiring the user to type in the name of the action to perform.

I've received some more suggestions, so I'm going to try and implement those before releasing the new version.

Edit: The new release is pretty much ready, although it'll have to wait until tomorrow (GMT).

Skripter

Post by Skripter » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 am

Tnx a lot for quick reply and upgrading software with this functionality. It will save me a lot of future troubles. I had to write a batch script and additional exe files (I am not much of a coder). If I can be of any help to you, let me know - maybe translating to Croatian or skinning your app, I would be glad to help. Again, thanks a lot!!! Looking forward to the new version!