Suggestions

Quickly and easily view, download, and organise images from the web. [link]
The_techchecker

Suggestions

Post by The_techchecker » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 am

Hi BootBlockers,

The Image Collector is a great idea, some feedback/suggestions:

1. Allow users to select number of images displays (32/64/128)
2. Add Search Functionality (i.e. right-click on DeviantArt and Select "Search" Wallpaper : returns 128 images with "Wallpaper" Tag
3. Add advanced Search Function (resolution, filetype etc.)
4. The ability to download "individual" items (not just download all), I appreciate I can right-click, copy filename and open a browser , paste and download , would be better and easier if "download this picture" was an additional right -click function : )

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Suggestions

Post by BootBlock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi The_techchecker,
1. Allow users to select number of images displays (32/64/128)
A couple of plugins support this at the moment; currently TIC only grabs a single page of images. The plan is to provide "infinite-scrolling" (scrolling near to the bottom of the items list will fetch more images, much like the functionality Twitter clients typically provide) or something similar, so you can choose when you'd like to stop viewing additional images rather than having to keep changing the total image count.
2. Add Search Functionality (i.e. right-click on DeviantArt and Select "Search" Wallpaper : returns 128 images with "Wallpaper" Tag
This is definitely planned.
3. Add advanced Search Function (resolution, filetype etc.)
This will be supported if the site itself supports it. TIC only initially downloads thumbnails which keeps the data transfer low and the speed high. Custom filtering on image properties will require large amounts of data to be downloaded, unfortunately.
4. The ability to download "individual" items (not just download all), I appreciate I can right-click, copy filename and open a browser , paste and download , would be better and easier if "download this picture" was an additional right -click function : )
You should be able to do this by middle-clicking on an item within the grid - if it isn't working, take a look at the Items section of the Options window (CTRL+O) and ensure Middle mouse button is set to DownloadToCategory. From then on, middle-clicking an item will download it to the active category.

The_techchecker

Post by The_techchecker » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 am

Hey BootBlock,
The Swift Response appreciated !

Perhaps an add of http://tic.bootblock.co.uk/FAQ.php (or even a wiki)....

Think this could be an awesome (read that as you may be able to indulge in an Amazon List Expansion Program : ) utility and would suggest is worth the effort to make it as useful as poss, would also add a Guide for Creating plug-ins... Community interest is an awesome way to get it out there facility....

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:17 am

Perhaps an add of http://tic.bootblock.co.uk/FAQ.php (or even a wiki)....
Good idea - I have a wiki available over here; I can add a new section for TIC, along with a link to it both within the app itself and the site.
would suggest is worth the effort to make it as useful as poss
The main aim has been to make viewing, downloading, and organising items (images and so on) as quick and easy as possible. Right-clicking on services in the new v1.01 release has made things even quicker, and I'd like to experiment to see if if can be furthered even more.