Comical v2 Work Log

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
Zallist
Spammin' Mofo

Re: Comical v2 Work Log

Post by Zallist » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:17 am

AZNsupermarket wrote:I love the new doctor who series, but it boggles the mind how it became so popular in England. It must be a wonderful country where a quirky scifi series becomes the most popular show in the country.
Not the most popular show, but a definite Top 20 in popularity.
It's so popular here because it's made here. It's the same with the majority of programs.
◕ ◡ ◕

BlankStare

Post by BlankStare » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 pm

AZNsupermarket wrote:I love the new doctor who series, but it boggles the mind how it became so popular in England. It must be a wonderful country where a quirky scifi series becomes the most popular show in the country.
if you like this new season, you should definitely check out the older seasons. Like with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant as the Doctors (Christopher was first, and was then followed by David Tennat)
Compared to the new Doctor, those two were way better, so i'd highly recommend looking into it, cause then you'll definitely see why Doctor Who is so popular. The new season kind of pales in comparison to the ones before it.
and i actually know nothing about the REALLY old Doctor Who, like pre-Chris... So those could be good too, i've just never gotten around to seeing them...

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 am

BlankStare wrote:
if you like this new season, you should definitely check out the older seasons. Like with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant as the Doctors (Christopher was first, and was then followed by David Tennat)
Compared to the new Doctor, those two were way better, so i'd highly recommend looking into it, cause then you'll definitely see why Doctor Who is so popular. The new season kind of pales in comparison to the ones before it.
and i actually know nothing about the REALLY old Doctor Who, like pre-Chris... So those could be good too, i've just never gotten around to seeing them...
Ah. I just realized what got lost translation. You see I live in America, where series means a shows entire run (not just one season). So when I said the "new series," I meant from the 2005 revival to the present, not just the newest season. So yeah, chris eccleston and david tennant kick matt smith's ass, but then again, matt smith hasn't has as long to grow on me, so we shall see where he stands in the long run.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 pm

I used to despise Doctor Who, but started liking it during the revival in 2005.

I much prefer the Steven Moffet/Matt Smith Doctor Who to Russell T. Davies. Stuff that annoyed me about RTD:
  • The sonic screwdriver being used to solve everything.
  • The Doctor knows about everything EVAR.
  • "Sorry. I'm so, so sorry." OH SHUT UP YOU PECKER
  • Defeating a baddy with the love in the world. What?!
  • Fear Her / Love and Monsters
  • Hitting the gigantic Reset Button(TM). Although this did happen in The Pandorica Opens, it wasn't in the least bit :roll:.
  • Lots of other crap I can't remember.
  • Men secks.
Moffet+Smith = win.

What's not to like about fish custard, eh?

"It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."

I kinda wish they'd do some proper adult episodes. I don't mean that stupid Torchwood sex crap, but actual proper horror-type stuff.
Not the most popular show, but a definite Top 20 in popularity.
Yeah, the top spot probably goes to Top Gear. Coz it's ace, innit. Better not be Eastenders/Coronation Street or else I'll start smashing shit up.

reederda

Post by reederda » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Just curious, but it seems to have been well over a year since there was any activity at all in the development thread. Any updates? news? catastrophes? cures for cancer? :D

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

reederda wrote:Just curious, but it seems to have been well over a year since there was any activity at all in the development thread. Any updates? news? catastrophes? cures for cancer? :D
The amount of work I do on a project relates a lot to how much user activity there is for that particular project. Despite Comica being used by quite a lot of people, not much is being said about it as comic requests can now be performed within Comica itself and few people are having any problems. Because of this, it seems like no-one is using it, and causes me not to really work on it - even though I do know there is a pretty large user-base. Eh.

I basically ripped apart a significant amount of the code and separated it out into plugins and the like. I got to an annoying bit and have been putting it off ever since (a year, as you mentioned). I'd really like to get v1.20 out as I've been using it for a long time now and I much prefer it over v1.11, and it means everyone else but just me can make use of the new comic database features.

WarDrake

Post by WarDrake » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:44 am

So, i notice this thread has been dead for a while, did you abandon the new version of comica?