Comical Roadmap

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Comical Roadmap

Post by BootBlock » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Yeah, it's just a test picture for the default theme. The Work Log thread can be used for talking about what's been posted - I'll edit it to make it clearer. It's just "this is what I want in v2" that goes in this thread, sort of thing.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Also, some of my mac using friends are interested in this project. How's the prospect of mac support looking?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:45 pm

AZNsupermarket wrote:Also, some of my mac using friends are interested in this project. How's the prospect of mac support looking?
.NET apps work in Linux/Mac using Mono. Comical completely works in Linux, but if I remember the Mac version of Mono had a problem that killed Comical at start-up. I haven't tested using the latest Mono, though.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 pm

BootBlock wrote:
AZNsupermarket wrote:Also, some of my mac using friends are interested in this project. How's the prospect of mac support looking?
.NET apps work in Linux/Mac using Mono. Comical completely works in Linux, but if I remember the Mac version of Mono had a problem that killed Comical at start-up. I haven't tested using the latest Mono, though.
So do you think we'll see Mac support in Version 1.X of Comical or is that something we'll probably won't see until version 2?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

AZNsupermarket wrote:
BootBlock wrote:So do you think we'll see Mac support in Version 1.X of Comical or is that something we'll probably won't see until version 2?
Comical v1.xx will run on MacOS X when the Mono guys fix their runtime. It's open source, so it could take forever. I'm currently downloading the latest version to test with.

Comical v2 will probably never be available (or, at least not for a very long time) on Linux/Mac as it's uses the very latest technologies. Reasons vary from performance to certain features just not being available on those OSes, such as comprehensive (and fast) polygon clipping.

Edit 1: Just tested, and Comical v1.xx is getting a bit further in MacOS X. I'm just gonna have a little looky to see if I can get it going further.

Edit 2: Alright, the main interface is showing. But having Comics.xml present causes Comical to die while loading/parsing it. Debugging ability is non-existent, so gawd knows how I'm going to starting fixing this...

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Slight updates to the roadmap in the original post.

Twain28

Post by Twain28 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:24 pm

I'd really LOVE Comical for Android: I just pre-ordered an Archos 101 tablet, so I'm really looking forward to run Comical on it!! :D

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Updated on the 30th March, 2011.
Changes are marked with new - see original post in this thread.