Comica has been working terribly the past few days

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
urza4315

Comica has been working terribly the past few days

Post by urza4315 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 am

It used to be that Comica would update and download comics really quickly, now it takes about 5 minutes to check my comics for updates, and even then it doesn't show all the correct comics as being updated. Has anyone experienced this?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Comica has been working terribly the past few days

Post by BootBlock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi there,

Comica doesn't have a central server or anything when it checks for updates to comics as it contacts the servers that contain the comics directly; it sounds as though there could be issues with those servers, although this doesn't seem too likely if you're noticing it happen to various comics at the same time.

The other possible problem, if it's happening to multiple comics, is that it could be a general network problem, be it hardware or software (eg. firewall) related. I'd be inclined to think this is most likely. If you have a comic (or set of) that always takes a while to check for an update, you could try doing a single update check for one of them (right-click, Check for Update) to see if it's an issue with a modem/router and the number of connections Comica is performing at once (which can be lowered in Settings).

Sorry that this isn't that helpful. I do honestly think that this is something outside of Comica's general control.

Is anyone out there having this problem?