Comica v1.11

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Comica v1.11

Post by BootBlock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Comica v1.11 has been released.

This is mainly a bug-fix release.

Press F7 within Comica or click here to update.

Comica v1.08 and above requires the full .NET 4 framework to be installed.
It will throw an error during comic update checking if you just have the
Client Profile version installed.

Download the full version using the following link.

Download: Microsoft .NET 4 Full Framework [48.1MB]

Please use this thread for posting any issues you may be having with this version.

Code: Select all

v1.11; 10th February, 2011.
  - Added: Language definition attribute. Default is English.
  - Fixed: Exception due to BiQubic.Update and/or BiQubic.Pique at startup.
  - Fixed: Minor interface colour issue with the Welcome screen when in full-screen mode.
  - Fixed: Suggest Comic was truncating comments if they contained an apostrophe.
  - Other: If PublisherUrl is not present, LastestComicUrl will be used instead.
  - Other: Updated Pique.

evanstj

Re: Comica v1.11

Post by evanstj » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm

After updating to the latest database today, I started having issues with Comica. The only comics that appear in the left frame are the ones that I had previously marked as favorites, yet when I try to update them, they aren't recognized as favorites anymore. Whenever I shut down Comica and restart it, an update message is displayed asking if I want to update from my version (0) to the new version (120). After updating, the Statics shows that the database version is 0 with 0 comics listed.

Until today, everything was working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi evanstj,

could you try doing another update (to #121) to see if that fixes the issue? I added a new flag to a comic in the database and I think that's what caused the problem. I entirely forgot I was using a development version of Comica. :oops:

evanstj

Post by evanstj » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:43 pm

After updating today, things are back to normal.

I really enjoy using the application; it makes life easier having access to all the comics in one place. On days when I'm not able to access my computer, I end up missing the new comics. It would be great if Comica allowed me to retrieve those comics.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:58 pm

evanstj wrote:On days when I'm not able to access my computer, I end up missing the new comics. It would be great if Comica allowed me to retrieve those comics.
Comica supports catching up with missed strips, but it needs a couple of tweaks to be properly usable and comics specifically need to be supported themselves.

Hopefully the tweaks will be done for the next version; I'm rewriting large parts of the core so there will be a beta or two released to ensure everything works correctly before it is unleashed on the public.