Oglaf

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
Ph0X

Oglaf

Post by Ph0X » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 am

This is strange. It's a fairly popular comic, and searching through the forums, I found a post saying that it used to have problems but that it was fixed in version 1.02

I'm using 1.09, fully updated, but I don't see it in the list. Has it been removed? Can't find any more information about it on the forums.

EDIT: Ah, I guess it's not part of the default installation and I have to add it manually, but I can't find the definition in the thread. Oh well I'll figure out myself.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: Oglaf

Post by BootBlock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Ph0X,

the Oglaf site was changed and I tried updating Comical to support it, but the site seemed to use cookies (if I remember). This prevented Comical from working with it.

I'll take another look at it and see if it has since been changed. I'll post here with the results.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Well, that was unexpected. It works!

Hit F7 within Comical to update to the newest database.

Ph0X

Post by Ph0X » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Perfect! But just so you know, it's not rated as "Adult".

scur

Post by scur » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, it's adult when it shows graphic sex acts. Or at least should be.
However, some comics have multiple pages, and I can't figure out how to turn the page.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Yeah, I definitely remember it having some adult stuff in there, so I've reclassified it as Adult just as it used to be.

scur

Post by scur » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:40 pm

So is there a way to turn the page? Sometimes, like this week, you have multiple pages where you have to click "next page" to continue the comic. That is, there's more to this week's comic than just the page Comica loads. Were you not aware, or just not able to get them with the way things are?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to turning the page on the site itself; I had no idea Oglaf had more comics than what Comica was showing.

Oglaf's extra pages may be supportable using multiple comic definitions, but that may not really be possible without a lot of definition spam as the number of pages seem to be variable.