Comical v1.09

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Re: Comical v1.09

Post by AZNsupermarket » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 am

bump so you don't forget.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 pm

AZNsupermarket wrote:2. It would be nice if their were some magnification buttons somewhere on the screen, so magnification wouldn't require going through tools or using hotkeys or something.

3. You can instantly jump to the next comic with a green heart next to it by pressing spacebar, it would be nice if a keystroke would also let you jump to the next comic with a purple heart next to it.
These two are now in.

Feature 1 needs to be enabled by setting ShowZoomControls to True within the Interface section of the settings window. Default is False as the navigation bar has a few too many controls in it on a small screen.

Feature 2 will give updated-but-not-downloaded (green hearts) comics priority. If none are found, then downloaded-but-unread (purple hearts, or purple+green hearts if downloaded+unread+new) will be viewed.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:50 am

BootBlock wrote:
AZNsupermarket wrote:2. It would be nice if their were some magnification buttons somewhere on the screen, so magnification wouldn't require going through tools or using hotkeys or something.

3. You can instantly jump to the next comic with a green heart next to it by pressing spacebar, it would be nice if a keystroke would also let you jump to the next comic with a purple heart next to it.
These two are now in.

Feature 1 needs to be enabled by setting ShowZoomControls to True within the Interface section of the settings window. Default is False as the navigation bar has a few too many controls in it on a small screen.

Feature 2 will give updated-but-not-downloaded (green hearts) comics priority. If none are found, then downloaded-but-unread (purple hearts, or purple+green hearts if downloaded+unread+new) will be viewed.
cool! 8-)

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Any chance of the first feature I mentioned being included?
1. The button "Download All Comics Marked as New" is incredibly useful when you are using a shitty internet connection, and you don't want to wait for each comic to load up individually. The idea being that you can read one comic while the other ones pre-load the images. The problem is that as soon as comic starts loading a comic, Comical will highlight the name of the comic it is loading, stop displaying the comic you were in the middle of reading, and start displaying the most recently downloaded strip of the comic it is currently downloading, thus making feature far less useful.
I'm back at school now and only have access to a really slow internet connection, so I would really appreciate this feature - THANKS! 8-)

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm

bumpity bump :mrgreen:

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 am

bumpity bumpity bump bump 8-)

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 am

I've decided to change things in the roadmap slightly.

I'm going to rewrite sections of Comical v1.xx rather than continuing (for now) with v2. The other feature requests you made will be part of the rewrite as they're quite deep within the code and will require separating them out from each other.

I'll be making a new release within the next couple of days and will then make a start on breaking things up and rewriting them.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm

ah cool cool.