Comical v1.09

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Comical v1.09

Post by BootBlock » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Comical v1.09 has been released.

Press F7 within Comical or click here to update.

Comical v1.08 and above requires the full .NET 4 framework to be installed.
It will throw an error during comic update checking if you just have the
Client Profile version installed.

Download the full version using the following link.

Download: Microsoft .NET 4 Full Framework [48.1MB]

Please use this thread for posting any issues you may be having with this version.
This is a major update, so chances are there may be some bugs present.

Code: Select all

v1.09; 25th October, 2010.
  - Added: Preliminary support for comic image zooming.
  - Added: "Downloaded, Unread" comic item state.
  - Fixed: UpdateCheckType in Settings - Network.
  - Fixed: Archive Browser was still appearing if Comical is set to start hidden.
  - Other: It is now possible to download a comic while viewing another.
  - Other: A large amount of fixes and improvements.
  - Other: Updated Pique.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Re: Comical v1.09

Post by AZNsupermarket » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:32 am

Thanks for adding the zoom feature - I really appreciate it! 8-)

Zallist
Spammin' Mofo

Post by Zallist » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Everything's working perfect so far.
Suggestion!
When comics are being downloaded, don't force the user to view that comic. With Space, it should auto-go there, but if it's just downloading all the available comics, it shouldn't force me to see each until I want to.
◕ ◡ ◕

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks for adding the zoom feature - I really appreciate it!
It's a preliminary version, but it gets the job done. :)
but if it's just downloading all the available comics, it shouldn't force me to see each until I want to.
That was an oversight on my part. I made the necessary changes so it was possible to download comics while reading others, but forgot to apply it to Download All Comics Marked As New.

Will be sorted for the next version.

Edit: Okay, maybe not. Download All Comics Marked As New runs the same code as when the user hits Space, so they're intrinsically tied together. Hmph.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 am

I wish that comical wouldn't immediately jump a new comic as soon as it starts to load. When it does that, it becomes impossible to read one comic as the other comics load in the background.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 am

also it would be nice if spacebar let you jump between comics where the images have already been loaded just like it does when the image has not yet been loaded.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Some suggestions:

1. The button "Download All Comics Marked as New" is incredibly useful when you are using a shitty internet connection, and you don't want to wait for each comic to load up individually. The idea being that you can read one comic while the other ones pre-load the images. The problem is that as soon as comic starts loading a comic, Comical will highlight the name of the comic it is loading, stop displaying the comic you were in the middle of reading, and start displaying the most recently downloaded strip of the comic it is currently downloading, thus making feature far less useful.

2. It would be nice if their were some magnification buttons somewhere on the screen, so magnification wouldn't require going through tools or using hotkeys or something.

3. You can instantly jump to the next comic with a green heart next to it by pressing spacebar, it would be nice if a keystroke would also let you jump to the next comic with a purple heart next to it.

4. Fix/Remove the archive features on Ctrl+Alt+Del and Cyanide Happiness because they are completely broken.

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 am

AZNsupermarket wrote:Some suggestions:

1. The button "Download All Comics Marked as New" is incredibly useful when you are using a shitty internet connection, and you don't want to wait for each comic to load up individually. The idea being that you can read one comic while the other ones pre-load the images. The problem is that as soon as comic starts loading a comic, Comical will highlight the name of the comic it is loading, stop displaying the comic you were in the middle of reading, and start displaying the most recently downloaded strip of the comic it is currently downloading, thus making feature far less useful.

2. It would be nice if their were some magnification buttons somewhere on the screen, so magnification wouldn't require going through tools or using hotkeys or something.

3. You can instantly jump to the next comic with a green heart next to it by pressing spacebar, it would be nice if a keystroke would also let you jump to the next comic with a purple heart next to it.

4. Fix/Remove the archive features on Ctrl+Alt+Del and Cyanide Happiness because they are completely broken.
So any chance of any of these recommendations getting incorporated in a future build comical?

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

So any chance of any of these recommendations getting incorporated in a future build comical?
Everything's currently taken a lower priority as I'm having to sort my blog out and I've become generally pretty busy, but yep!

AZNsupermarket
It's Not Lupus

Post by AZNsupermarket » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 pm

BootBlock wrote:Everything's currently taken a lower priority as I'm having to sort my blog out and I've become generally pretty busy, but yep!
Cool, Thanks!