A couple of questions about Comical

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
Cardcaptor_RLH85

A couple of questions about Comical

Post by Cardcaptor_RLH85 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 am

Hi, I'm new to this program and so far I'm loving it ^_^ I do have a couple of questions though. First question is, how does the 'Download All Unread' feature work? I tried using it on Ctrl+Alt+Del which has the burnt orange arrows to get previous comics but, nothing happens. I don't know if it's just not working for all of the orange arrow comics or not but I'm just confused. Also, I was wondering if anyone could come up with a working definition for Misfile. The one I found on this forum doesn't seem to work correctly. Thanks for any help that you can provide for me.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: A couple of questions about Comical

Post by BootBlock » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Hey there!

Download All Unread will go through the comics listing on the left and download any comics that are marked as new.

If you're wanting to download all previous strips for the selected comic, then you'll need to open the Archive Browser (the little folder with a magnifying glass icon at the top-right of the main window), and then click on the orange arrows button (it looks like it's motion blurred) at the bottom of the new window that appears.

A couple of the new features are somewhat confusing at first; this was the problem I foresaw a while back. Rather than wait on adding features such as this until I come up with a better design, I just went ahead and added them. I'll try and refine them / make them more obvious as to their intended effect(s).
Also, I was wondering if anyone could come up with a working definition for Misfile. The one I found on this forum doesn't seem to work correctly. Thanks for any help that you can provide for me.
I'll check this one out and see what the problem is.

Cardcaptor_RLH85

Post by Cardcaptor_RLH85 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks! Now that you've explained it it makes complete sense but that's nearly always the case. Also, thanks for the Misfile definition it seems to work perfectly ^_^

EDIT:
BootBlock wrote:If you're wanting to download all previous strips for the selected comic, then you'll need to open the Archive Browser (the little folder with a magnifying glass icon at the top-right of the main window), and then click on the orange arrows button (it looks like it's motion blurred) at the bottom of the new window that appears.
Where are those orange arrows? I don't see them in the Archive Browser. Here's a screenshot.

Thanks again ^_^

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Post by BootBlock » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 am

I'm afraid it's a bug. There were lots of little bugs related to the Archive Browser in the v1.08 that I've been fixing. In fact, there's lots of little bugs all over the place.

You can try de-selecting and re-selecting the Ctrl+Alt+Del entry or just move between other comics first - I can't quite remember the cause of the bug. :(