General questions about comical

Comica (formerly Comical) is a configurable web-comic viewer and downloader. [link]
scriptjunkie

General questions about comical

Post by scriptjunkie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I just found comical and was glad to see someone had the same ideas that I had for my own project. I had a few questions.

1. Are you worried making the project public that sites might request you to remove their comic from your list?
2. Is there any reason you are not including comics from gocomics.com?
3. Any plans to release the source code?
4. Are you still working on v2? (I looked at the other posting and it hasn't been updated for a while)

Thanks again.

BootBlock
Unclean, unclean!

Re: General questions about comical

Post by BootBlock » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 am

Hey there,
scriptjunkie wrote:1. Are you worried making the project public that sites might request you to remove their comic from your list?
With there being so many comics listed, the occasional removal request wouldn't really have much of an impact. Although saying that, Comical isn't anywhere near popular enough for most comic authors to even heard of it.
scriptjunkie wrote:2. Is there any reason you are not including comics from gocomics.com?
I tend to include comics (definitions) that people send me or comics that I personally like. Seemingly neither of these cases apply to gocomics.com. ;)

They're not really my style, but I'll include them if someone submits any definitions for them or if I go into a comic-trawling mood and seek out new ones.

If you give me the names of the ones you like from that site, I'll include them in the next database update.
scriptjunkie wrote:3. Any plans to release the source code?
After having my code re-released by others under new names with essentially no changes in the past when releasing source code, I'm afraid this won't be happening.
scriptjunkie wrote:4. Are you still working on v2? (I looked at the other posting and it hasn't been updated for a while)
The development tools (Microsoft Blend, .NET 4) became incompatible with each other and somewhat forced me to stop working on it.

I may have to wait for the new Blend to be released before I can continue it.